- Vocational Excellence Award given to Dr. Devangana Desai by Rotary Club of Bombay Powai on 12th October, 2018.
- Interview in MUMBAI MIRROR on 6th May, 2018
- ENDOWMENT PROGRAMME at CSMVS (Museum) Mumbai on 18th April, 2018
- Write up in INDIAN EXPRESS, 5th April, 2018
- Launch of Prof. M. A. Dhaky’s Book “FOOTPRINTS OF VISVAKARMA” in Ahemadabad, 30th July.
- Interview in Global Gujarati (G2), May 2017, Volume 11, Issue 3.
- The Samvidya Institute of Cultural studies, Pune, conferred the Honorary Fellowship for “outstanding contribution to Indian Art History” in 2016.
- Delivered the Chookolingo Memorial Lecture at the Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, in March.
- Presentation of Felicitation Volume to Prof. M. A. Dhaky, in February.
- Delivered a special lecture at CP Ramaswamy Institute, Chennai, in January.
- Delivered a lecture at the CSMVS (Museum) in January.
- Awarded the Hirayama Prize 2015 of Institut de France, Paris, for “the totality of researches in the field of Indian Art”.
- Delivered a lecture in the L.D. Museum Lecture Series on Art & Culture, Ahmedabad, in September.
- Delivered Coomaraswamy Memorial Lecture, at the Allahabad Museum, in March
- Delivered the Presidential Address for Indian Art History Congress, Mumbai Session, October.
- Delivered Prof. K. D. Bajpai lecture at the Indian Art History Congress Session in Kanyakumari in October.
- Delivered Fr. Heras Memorial Lectures, Mumbai in December.
- Delivered Bhagwanlal Indraji Lectures by the University of Mumbai, in December.
- Delivered 4 lectures on History and Art of Khajuraho at Jnana-Pravaha, Centre for Cultural Studies & Research, Varanasi, November 6-9.
- Presented a paper “The Temple in its Cosmic Dimensions at Khajuraho” in the National Seminar on Philosophy of Aesthetics, 12-13th December, at the Somaya Vidyavihar, Mumbai.
- Presented a paper in the Conference on “Archaeology and Text: The Temple in South Asia,” organized by the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies, Oxford, Oct. 20-21.
- Nominated on the Governing Council of International Centre for Art and Archaeology, American Institute of Indian Studies, New Delhi.
- Nominated on the Board of Studies of the Institute of Archaeology, Archaeological Survey of India, New Delhi.
- Delivered Karl Khandalavala Memorial Lecture at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, (Prince of Wales Museum), Mumbai, March 28.
- Delivered lecture for the National Mission for Manuscripts, Government of India, New Delhi, November, 26.
- Delivered Dr. U. P. Shah Memorial Lectures at the Oriental Institute, M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara, Feb. 9, 10.
- Invited by the Association of Art Historians, The Higher Education Academy, and Art Design Media Centre, Brighton, UK, to deliver a Keynote Address at the Art History Conference, Bristol, on “Teaching Art History in India”, March 31.
- Invited by Meru Education Foundation, Boston. Three Lectures on Temple Art delivered at the Arthur Sackler Museum, Harvard University.
- Lectured at the Mills College, Oakland, the University of Berkeley, California, and Rubin Museum of Art, New York.
- Nominated by the Government of India on Committee of the Indian Council of Historical Research, New Delhi, for the period of 3 years.
- Lectured at the British Museum, London, in June.
- Presented a paper “Relevance of Textual Sources in the Study of Temple Art” at the History of Art Department of the University of Sussex at Brighton, UK, in June.
- Alice Boner Memorial Lecture, at the invitation of Alice Boner Institute, Varanasi, and Bharat Kala Bhavan, Banaras Hindu University, on March 2.
- Participated in the workshop “Value Systems in the Visual Arts of India and China”, by the History of Art Department of the University of Sussex at Brighton, UK, in June.
- Lectured at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, Honored by Social Welfare Forum, Mumbai.
- Interview in India Today, March 15. http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/art-historian-devangana-desai-talks-about-her-book-khajuraho/1/245274.html
- Write-up in Frontline, March 27 – April 9.
- Keynote Address at the Workshop of Architects and Sculptors, part of the Khajuraho Millennium programme, April 11, at Khajuraho.
- Lecture at the Indus International, Mumbai.
- Honored by the Giants Club of Juhu, Mumbai, on 21st September.
- Presented a paper at the Seminar on “Sunya”, convened by the Indian National Science Academy and the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi, February.
- Interviewed by Doordarshan (Metro Channel), May.
- Book- Release Function for The Religious Imagery of Khajuraho at the Asiatic Society of Bombay on 10th July.
- Presented a paper at the Seminar on “Rta – Cosmic Order and Chaos” at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi.
- The Coomaraswamy Memorial Lectures at the Prince of Wales Museum, on “ Beyond the Erotic at Khajuraho” Oct. 31- Nov. 1.
- Interviewed by B.B.C. Open University at Khajuraho, November.
- Smt. Nabadurga Banerji Endowment Lecture at the Asiatic Society of Bombay on “The Temple as an Ordered Whole – The Iconic Scheme at Khajuraho”, 7th April.
- Interviewed by Discovery Channel (Archaeology) at Khajuraho, October.
- Participated in the Seminar on Indian Art History convened by Indian Council of Philosophical Research, New Delhi.
- Lectured on Buddhist and Hindu Temple Art at the Indian Embassy, Bhutan, on the invitation of the Government of India and Government of Bhutan.
- Presented a paper in the international seminar on Kala/Time convened by the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi.
- Presidential Address, Indian History Congress, Ancient India Section, Gorakhpur session.
- Discussant at the international seminar “Perceptions of India’s Past”, Convened by the American Institute of Indian Studies, Varanasi.
- Lectured at Bombay Art Society and Bajaj Art Gallery, Bombay.
- U.G.C. National Seminar “Art of Khajuraho” at Khajuraho convened by Department of History, Banaras Hindu University.
- Presented a paper at the Seminar on “The Sastric Tradition in Indian Art”, held 14th-19th July, organized by Sudasien-Institute of the University of Heidelberg.
- The Festival of India Seminar “Patronage in Indian Culture” held at the National Humanities Centre, North Carolina, 10-13 October.
- Lectures at the Cleveland Museum of Art; Department of Art, University of Chicago; The University of Vermont (Burlington); Mills College, Oakland; the Society for Asian Art, Art Museum, San Francisco.
- Visiting Professor at the Department of Art History, Fine Arts Faculty, University of Baroda, twelve lectures on Indian Temple Architecture and Related Sculpture.
- Bicentenary International Seminar of the Asiatic Society, Calcutta, January 12-15.
- International Seminar on Buddhist Iconography, Tibet House, New Delhi, 31st March-2nd April.
- International Seminar, ‘Pantheons of Power”, organized by the South Asian Religious Art Studies, at the Museum of Lucknow, September.
- Awarded the Dadabhai Naoroji Memorial Prize.
- Lectures on Temple Art at the Centre for Cultural Resources and Training, New Delhi.
- Art History Seminar at the Jiwaji University, Gwalior.
- Art History Seminar at Fine Arts Faculty, M.S. University of Baroda.
- Art History Association Seminar, convened by Sarabhai foundation, Ahmedabad.
- Lecture at the National Centre for Performing Arts, Mumbai.
- New York University Teachers’ Training Course, held at the S.N.D.T. University, Mumbai.
- “Destiny of Man” Seminar organized by the South Asian Religious Art Studies and the Art Council of Britain, London.
- “Discourses on Siva” Symposium at the University of Pennsylvania,Philadelphia.
- Lectures delivered in Departments of Art History at the Universities of Cleveland, California at Berkeley and Los Angeles, U.S.A.
- International Symposium of European Archaeologists working on South East Asia held at Berlin.
- Awarded the Homi Bhabha Fellowship (1978-80).
- Art History Association Seminar convened by the Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- Awarded the Silver Medal of the Asiatic Society of Bombay.
- New York University Teachers Training Course held at the S.N.D.T. University, Mumbai.
- Mythic Society Seminar on the Rashtrakutas, Bangalore.
- Workshop in History of Art convened by the Fine Arts Faculty, Baroda.
- Coomaraswamy Centenary Seminar convened by the Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi.
- Participated in the conference of International Association of Prehistoric and Ethnographic Religions, Calcutta.
- Lectured on Ancient Indian Terracottas, Prince of Wales Museum of Western India, Mumbai.
- Indian History Congress, Calicut, presentation of paper “Terracottas and Urban Culture in India” in the Symposium on “Art and Society”
- Lectured for New York University Teachers’ Training Course held at the S.N.D.T. University, Mumbai.